In an effort to make our Museum Pass program available to the widest range of patrons, we ask that you read the following guidelines:
- The library circulates a limited number of passes to area museums. Reservations may be made online via MuseumKey, our fully automated calendar based system, which is accessible by following the links on the library webpage. Patrons may also make reservations in person at the Children’s reference desk or by calling us at 585-9393 ext. 108. Museum passes can be reserved up to 60 days in advance.
- Museum passes are for Middle Country district residents only. Patrons must be 19 years of age and older and hold a valid, unexpired, unblocked, library card with fines not exceeding $7.50 to use the reservation system.
- Museum passes can be picked up during regular business hours at the Youth Services desk at the Centereach building. The passes must be returned to the Centereach building, in either the automated drop-off or at the Customer Services desk.
- Each patron can have a maximum of 4 passes on request at any moment, with no more than 1 for each particular museum, and no more than 1 checked out at a time.
- Passes are lent out for a period of two days and cannot be renewed. The pass must be returned to the Centereach building prior to closing on the third day. Please reserve your pass for the day you intend to pick it up at the library. If the library is closed on the day the pass is due, the pass will be due by closing the next day the library is open.
- A fee of $10.00 will be charged for any pass returned late. A non-refundable fee of $25.00 will be charged to any person who loses a pass.
- The library has a limited number of passes and therefore if a pass comes back late or is lost, the library may not be able to honor reservations.
- The library reserves the right to review and amend these guidelines as it becomes necessary.
PLEASE CALL OR CHECK THE MUSEUM’S WEBSITE TO VERIFY HOURS OF OPERATION
PRIOR TO REQUESTING A PASS