In an effort to make our Museum Pass program available to the widest range of patrons, we ask that you read the following guidelines:
- The library circulates a limited number of passes to area museums. Reservations may be made online via MuseumKey, our fully automated calendar-based system, which is accessible by following the links on the library webpage. Patrons may also make reservations in person at the Youth Services reference desk or by calling us at 585-9393 ext. 559. Museum passes can be reserved up to 60 days in advance.
- Museum passes are for Middle Country district residents only. Patrons must be 19 years of age and older and hold a valid, unexpired, unblocked, library card with fines not exceeding $7.50 to use the reservation system.
- There are 2 types of passes:
Print on Demand – These passes may be printed from either home or library. The pass is good for 1 day, the day of your visit. PLEASE MAKE YOUR RESERVATION FOR THE DAY YOU WISH TO VISIT YOUR DESTINATION. The pass can be printed in advance of your visit. Print-on-demand passes will have a printer icon next to the museum name. Pick up/Return – These passes can be picked up during regular business hours at the Youth Services Desk at the Centereach building. These passes must be returned to the Centereach building, in either the automated drop-off or at the Customer Services desk. Pick up/Return passes are lent out for a period of two days and cannot be renewed. The pass must be returned to the Centereach building prior to closing on the third day. PLEASE RESERVE YOUR PASS FOR THE DAY YOU INTEND TO PICK IT UP FROM THE LIBRARY. If the library is closed on the day the pass is due, the pass will be due the next day the library is open.
A fee of $10.00 will be charged for any pass returned late. A non-refundable fee of $25.00 will be charged to any person who loses a pass. The library has a limited number of passes and therefore if a pass comes back late or is lost, the library may not be able to honor reservations.
- Each patron can have a maximum of 4 passes on request at any moment, with no more than 1 for each particular museum, and no more than 1 used at a time.
- The library reserves the right to review and amend these guidelines as it becomes necessary.
The Covid-19 pandemic has affected museums’ hours and they may have set limits on capacity and activities. It is the responsibility of the patron to call or check the museum’s website to verify days and hours of operation as well as Covid-19 related restrictions prior to requesting a pass or visiting a museum.
Pursuant to the City of New York’s Emergency Executive Order No. 225, patrons of all NYC museums that are 5 years of age and older must provide proof of at least one vaccination shot against COVID-19, as well as identification, before entering the premises.