Friends of MCPL
The Friends of the Middle Country Public Library (a.k.a. the Friends) is a non-sectarian, non-commercial organization [501(c) (3)] that was founded in 1994. The purpose of the Friends is threefold:
- To foster closer relations between the library and the community.
- To support the library’s functions, resources, services, needs.
- To encourage benefactions, gifts, endowments and bequests to the Middle Country Public Library.
Funding for the Friends comes from two book sales held in April and November of each year, an annual garage sale held the first Saturday in August, and yearly membership dues. Additional funds have been raised through raffles, calendar sales and miscellaneous items.
Since its inception in 1994, the Friends have supported the library in many different ways.
State of the Friends
Membership runs from January to December of each year.
The levels of membership are:
- Bronze for $5.00
- Silver for $10.00
- Gold for $25.00
- Platinum/Lifetime for $100.00
- Business and organization memberships are $25.00
There are two ways to join the Friends: