Library Services for Homeschoolers
The Educational Resource Center (ERC) at Middle Country Public Library offers support and enrichment for Middle Country residents, homeschooling families and educators by providing access to the Educational Resource collection featuring science equipment and kits, math manipulatives, curricula and educational games, online resources including subscription databases and ERC specific programming. The ERC collection and programming is funded with support from the Long Island Community Foundation. Education Resource Center cards are available to out-of-district homeschooling families. For more information, please contact Deborah Hempe at (631) 585-9393 ext. 223 or email@example.com.
Curbside Pickup for ERC Cardholders
While the library is offering curbside pickup, ERC cardholders are able to request the items in collections they have access to that are circulating during the curbside phase. This includes books, DVDs, and CDs. Please note that during the curbside phase ERC cardholders are not able to take out kits or other large-type items.
To request an item for curbside pickup please have your ERC card number ready and call the Youth Services desk at (631)585-9393 ext. 107. ERC cardholders are not able to place reservations through our online catalog and must do so over the phone. Once a reservation is placed, ERC cardholders will be able to schedule curbside pickup when the item is ready.
- Middle Country Public Library offers a wide variety of online databases providing learning experiences for all ages on a wide variety of topics which can be accessed with your Middle Country Public Library card or ERC card.
- • MCPL cardholders click here for all a list of all Kids Databases and Online Resources for teens.
- • ERC cardholders click here for a list of all ERC Databases.
- Did you know the United States has more than 250,000 rivers! Access interesting facts, information and even recipes from 182 countries around the world! There are three editions: World, Kids, & States.
- National Geographic Kids
- Reputable, authoritative, and age-appropriate content that brings kids the world in a way they’ve never seen it before. Fun and substantive, National Geographic Kids will take them on amazing adventures in science, nature, culture, archaeology, and space.
- Science Reference Center
- A comprehensive research database that provides easy access to a multitude of full text science-oriented content. This database contains full text for nearly 640 science encyclopedias, reference books, periodicals, etc. Topics covered include: biology, chemistry, earth & space science, environmental science, health & medicine, history of science, life science, physics, science & society, science as inquiry, scientists, technology and wildlife.