In an effort to make our Game Collection available to the widest range of patrons, we ask that you read the following guidelines:
- The library circulates a limited number of items in this collection. Reservations may be made online via TixKeeper, our fully automated calendar based system, which is accessible by following the links on the library webpage. Patrons may also make reservations in person at the Adult Services desk or by calling us at 631-585-9393 ext. 558. Game Collection items can be reserved up to 90 days in advance.
- Game Collection items are for Middle Country district residents only. Patrons must hold a library card in good standing with fines not exceeding $7.50 to use the reservation system.
- Library of Things items can be picked up during regular business hours at the Adult Services desk at the Centereach building. Items must be returned to the Customer Service desk at either building.
- Each patron can have a maximum of 2 items on request or loan at any time.
- Items in Game Collection are lent out for a period of 7 days. The items must be returned prior to closing on the due date. If the library is closed on the day the item would be due, the item will be due by closing on the next day that the library is open.
- The full value of the item will be charged to any person who loses an item in the Game Collection.
- The library has a limited number of games in the collection and therefore if an item comes back late or is lost, the library may not be able to honor reservations.
- The library reserves the right to review and amend these guidelines as it becomes necessary.