In an effort to make our Library of Things collection available to the widest range of patrons, we ask that you read the following guidelines:
- The library circulates a limited number of items in this collection. Reservations may be made online via LendingKey, our fully automated calendar based system, which is accessible by following the links on the library webpage. Patrons may also make reservations in person at the Adult Services reference desk or by calling us at 631-585-9393 ext. 558. Library of Things items can be reserved up to 90 days in advance.
- Library of Things items are for Middle Country district residents 18 and older only. Patrons must hold an unrestricted, valid, unexpired, unblocked, library card with fines not exceeding $7.50 to use the reservation system.
- Library of Things items can be picked up during regular business hours at the Adult Services desk at the Centereach building. The items must be returned to the Customer Service desk at the Centereach building.
- Each patron can have a maximum of 2 items on request at any time.
- Items in the Library of Things – Technology collection are lent out for a period of 14 days. The items must be returned to the Centereach building prior to closing on the due date. If the library is closed on the day the item would be due, the item will be due by closing on the next day that the library is open.
- A fee of $10.00 will be charged for any item returned late. The full value of the item will be charged to any person who loses an item in the Library of Things collection.
- The library has a limited number of items in the collection and therefore if an item comes back late or is lost, the library may not be able to honor reservations.
- The library reserves the right to review and amend these guidelines as it becomes necessary.
Click here to find and download user guides to most of the items in this collection.