MCPL Curbside Pickup Service
The Middle Country Public Library is offering curbside item pick-up in Centereach and Selden through contactless transactions. Curbside pickup is available from 10:00 a.m. to 8:30 p.m. Monday-Friday and 10:00 a.m.- 4:30 p.m on Saturday. Items must be reserved in advance to pick them up through curbside delivery.
Please follow these steps when utilizing curbside assistance.
- Place items on hold through our online catalog or by calling 631-585-9393 and speaking with one of our librarians.
- When your items are ready, we’ll notify you by email or phone, depending on the preference you have set in your patron record.
- Use our pickup scheduler, available at pickup.mcplibrary.org, to book a time slot to pick up your items. You can also book a time slot by contacting the customer service department.
- Drive to the library and park in one of the designated curbside assistance parking spots.
- Call 631-585-9393 and select the option for curbside pickup to notify library staff that you have arrived to pick up your items. Please let the library staff know the number of the parking space you are in.
- Library staff will check out your items, bag them, and place them in your vehicle’s trunk or by your car. The bag will be sealed with the receipt stapled to the bag.
- When you’re done with your items, please return them through the drive-thru return.
- All returned items will be quarantined for 72 hours before being shelved or circulated again.
- Items unable to be returned through the book drop are not eligible for curbside pickup. This includes: Library of Things collections, except for mobile hotspots; Toys, Kits, and Games; Museum Passes; 1,000 Books Before Kindergarten Backpacks
Library Staff is available to help with your holds, library resources, programs, accounts and more. Please use our Ask A Librarian form or call us at 631-585-9393.
If you are a Middle Country resident and don’t have a library card, please click here to apply.