- Students in 6th – 12th grade with an MCPL card are challenged to read 100 books before graduating high school. Students who are entering sixth grade may begin the program the summer after fifth grade. Those who are already in middle school and high school may also participate and challenge themselves to finish 100 books before they graduate.
- Reading choice is 100% up to you! We encourage you to read a wide range of books in as many different formats and genres as possible. Check our librarian-curated book lists below for suggested reading titles.
- We’re asking that you read books that are appropriate for you at your level, but they can be fiction, nonfiction, graphic novels, audiobooks, eBooks, and more.
- Sign up with a librarian at the Underground Desk at MCPL-Centereach or the Youth Services Desk at MCPL-Selden to receive your starter packet.
- Or, sign up online by clicking on the button below to create or access your existing Beanstack account and start recording your books, or download the Beanstack app in the App Store or Google Play to record your books on a mobile device.
- For each book you read, log the title and author on Beanstack. Every 10 books you read will earn a badge on Beanstack and a free book. Visit the Underground Desk at Centereach or the Youth Services Desk at Selden to collect your book prize.
- After completing the 100 Books challenge, you will receive a certificate of completion, a final prize, and your name on the Underground “Wall of Fame!”
- Visit our FAQ for more information. Click HERE for instructions on downloading the Beanstack app.